After DC United rung the post in the third minute of the contest, you may be forgiven for expecting end-to-end action. Instead, that turned out to be the only time either team came particularly close to beating the opponent’s keeper as Nashville SC and DC United split the points in a scoreless draw at Audi Field.
The teams combined for 18 shots, but both of Nashville’s attempts on goal were easily saved by Bill Hamid, while Nashville keeper Joe Willis saved back-to-back shots on a goalmouth scramble to stamp out DC’s only serious danger.
Competing 3-4-3 formations saw DC struggle to combine in attacking areas, while Nashville was able to find odd-man rushes to break into the attacking half of the field, but United was consistently able to recover to prevent those from turning into seriously dangerous moments.
With the draw, Nashville remains second in the table, with a two-point gap over third-place Philadelphia Union. Both teams are back on the pitch for midweek contests, with Nashville hosting Columbus Crew and the Union traveling to Minnesota United.
gonna be honest, wasn’t a thrilling game, not a lot more to say.
- 33′ DC Yellow card – 6 Russell Canouse (foul)
- 45′ Half time
- HT DC Substitutions:
- On 3 Chris Odoi-Atsem, off 14 Andy Najar
- On 28 Joseph Mora, off 16 Adrien Perez
- 46′ DC Yellow card – 28 Joseph Mora (foul)
- 62′ NSH Yellow card – 10 Hany Mukhtar (foul)
- 67′ NSH Substitution – On 19 Alex Muyl, off 26 Luke Haakenson
- 69′ DC Substitution – On 12 Drew Skundrich, off 19 Nigel Robertha
- 73′ NSH Substitution – On 14 Daniel Ríos, off 17 CJ Sapong
- 87′ DC Substitution – On 32 Ramón Ábila, off 5 Juniór Moreno
- 90’+2 NSH Substitution – On 99 Jhonder Cádiz, off 10 Hany Mukhtar
- 90’+4 NSH Yellow card – 6 Dax McCarty (foul)
- 90’+4 Full time