We’re just two game into the 2019 preseason, but already Nashville SC is starting to show signs of putting a pretty strong product on the field when the regular season begins. Tucker Hume and Alan Winn scored Saturday afternoon as the Boys in Gold knocked off reigning USL Champion Louisville City FC in Florida.
NSC approached this game pretty similarly to Wednesday’s loss to Montreal Impact: beginning with a lineup primarily composed of returning players (with a few new signings mixed in) and making major changes over the course of the friendly contest. Perhaps the most interesting of those substitutions came in the 60th minute, when striker Cameron Lancaster – who set the USL’s single-season scoring record while playing for Louisville last year – entered to appear against his former club.
“It was [weird] to begin with, but once I got settled into the game, it felt like normal,” Lancaster said. “The way that I have settled in here, just these past couple of weeks, has been really good, so just felt like a normal team.”
See the USL’s game report here.
- 24′ NSH GOAL – 12 Tucker Hume (right footed rebound), assisted by 19 Alan Winn
- 45′ LOU GOAL – 5 Paco Craig (headed, deflected), assisted by 19 Oscar Jimenez (free kick)
- 45’+1 Half time
- 46′ NSH Substitutions:
- On 24 Connor Sparrow, off 18 Matt Pickens
- On 27 Kosuke Kimura off 21 Darnell King
- On 5 Liam Doyle, off 6 Ken Tribbett
- On 27 Taylor Washington, off 2 Justin Davis
- On 30 Bolu Akinyode, off 17 Michael Reed
- On 10 Lebo Moloto, off 20 Matt LaGrassa
- On 7 Ramone Howell, off 12 Tucker Hume
- 60′ NSH Substitution – On 9 Cameron Lancaster, off 11 Kharlton Belmar
- 70′ NSH GOAL – 19 Alan Winn (right footed), assisted by 7 Ramone Howell
- 71′ NSH Substitution – On 6 Ben Tribbett, off 22 Bradley Bourgeois
- 75′ NSH Substitution – On 3 Ropapa Mensah, off 19 Alan Winn
- 90’+? Full time
Louisville substitution information was not available.